You asked, we delivered. Effective Thursday, December 8th, 2022, Notarize will be expanding its Notary Sourced Transaction (NST) offering — which allows notaries to serve their clients digitally through Remote Online Notarization (RON) — to 4 new states: Maryland, North Dakota, Oklahoma, and West Virginia. These states will join the ranks of Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Washington, and Wisconsin that already enjoy the benefits of the NST functionality.
But wait, there’s more. In addition to the latest expansion of the NST capability, notaries are also still able to take full advantage of FREE promotional pricing through year end.* And, when we say “FREE” we mean no catch, no commitment, and no hidden clauses: the get started fees, monthly platform fees and transaction fees are on us.
Don’t see your state on the list? Don’t worry, we’re working on it. Stay tuned for additional expansion announcements coming your way in November and December and make sure to join the waitlist so you can be first to know when we land in your state.
What does this expansion mean for notaries?
Nationwide, millions of entrepreneurial-spirited and business-minded notaries seek to work with Notarize to help them digitize, grow, and elevate their independent businesses. By successfully eliminating boundaries such as geographical borders and traditional working hours, online notarization — and Notarize, in particular — is able to provide notaries with the ultimate reach and flexibility, maximum earning potential and brand exposure, and the transcendent diversification of their offerings and existing client portfolios.
What sets Notarize apart?
In addition to our continual expansion into new states, unmatched promotional pricing, innovative feature releases, and feedback-driven product updates, Notarize remains dedicated to delivering the best — in big and small ways — to the steadfast advocates and front-line champions for our product: the notaries. The NST offering enables notaries to set their own pricing and payment structure for their customers, while utilizing features to optimize their business, including templates, easy links, and unique simplified witness procedures. To learn more about how we support notaries in a way that sets us apart, check out notarize.com/nst.
How do I get started with Notarize?
Are you a notary based in any of the states where our NST offering is available? We've got good news: You can sign up today to become a notary on the Notarize platform for FREE*.
Here’s what you can do now to get ready for the launch on Thursday, December 8th, 2022:
- Click here or below to begin creating your Notarize notary profile.
- Once you’ve created your notary profile, you’ll receive an email confirming your account. (Important note: you must access this email and confirm receipt of this email to continue.)
- Within your notary profile, update your personal information. (Important note: please confirm that the name in your notary profile matches your NNA commission details.)
- Enter your commission details and upload a copy of your traditional commission.
- Update your insurance details along with a copy of your insurance policy.
- Add your NNA ID Number and select “Refresh Dates” (Your NSA Training Expiration Date and Background Check Expiration Date automatically updates. Notarize checks your NNA information by matching your NNA ID number to your NNA ID number listed on signingagent.com)
- Add your digital certificate and confirm that the name is exactly as it appears within your commission details.
- Create your signature and seal via our in-platform signature and seal generator.
- Update your preferred payment information.
What happens next?
Once you’ve created your Notarize account, there’s nothing left to do besides sit back, relax, and get ready to stamp on Thursday, December 8th, 2022. From then on, you can count on the support from our Notary Onboarding Team and our Knowledge@Notarize training program to get you set up for success throughout the onboarding process and beyond.
We’ve now begun our initial descent into Alaska, Idaho, Iowa, and Minnesota. On behalf of all our crew, thank you for choosing Notarize as your RON platform, and we look forward to supporting you soon. Team, prepare for landing…
*The FREE promotional pricing will only be available through 12/31/22. When this promotional pricing period ends, we'll keep notaries in mind when we release new pricing that will keep any costs associated with platform use fair.