Does USPS Provide Notary Services? An Answer and an Alternative
The United States Postal Service (USPS) is a well-known and trusted entity, responsible for providing postal services across the nation. With over 31,000 retail locations, USPS offers a myriad of mailing, shipping, and related services, but does it offer notary services?
USPS and Notary Services: A Common Misconception
Despite its extensive reach and wide array of services, USPS does not offer notary services at its locations. So why does this misconception exist? A few reasons might explain this:
- Certified Mail and Verification Services: USPS offers certified mail, registered mail, and signature confirmation. These services might lead some to believe that USPS also provides notary services, but they are entirely different in nature and purpose.
- Presence of Notary Services in Other Postal Entities: In some countries, postal offices may offer notary services. People might mistakenly assume that USPS offers the same, but that's not the case in the United States.
- Private Postal Centers vs. USPS: Some privately-operated postal centers might provide notary services, leading to confusion with official USPS locations.
Given that USPS doesn't offer notary services, where can someone turn to for reliable notarization? Enter Notarize.
Notarize: A Reliable and Convenient Alternative
Notarize has completed over 2 million notarizations since 2016, all online. Notarize is the leading solution for those in need of notarization, offering an array of benefits that make it stand out:
- Availability: Unlike traditional notary offices with limited hours, Notarize is available 24/7, ensuring that you can get documents notarized whenever you need
- Accessibility: No need to search for a local notary or travel to an office. With Notarize, you can get your documents notarized online from anywhere, using your computer or mobile device.
- Time Savings: Traditional notarization can be time-consuming, requiring appointments and waiting periods. Notarize streamlines the process, making it quick and efficient.
- On-Demand: Need something notarized urgently? Notarize's on-demand services mean you don't have to plan days in advance. Simply log in and get your documents notarized as needed.
While the USPS serves as a robust solution for various postal needs, notary services are not within their purview. The misconception might stem from their verification services or confusion with other postal entities.
However, there's no need to worry, as Notarize offers a convenient and modern alternative. With its unparalleled availability and accessibility, Notarize stands as a go-to platform for all your notarization needs.