Notarize a DS-3053 Letter of Consent for Passport Issuance to a Minor Under 16

Sep 5, 2017
| Updated
Aug 16, 2023
 | BY
Pat Kinsel

If a minor under the age of 16 applying for a US passport does not have a parent present, then the U.S. Department of State allows a parent to complete a letter of consent (the DS-3053 form) instead. This form must be notarized. Need a minor travel consent form, or to notarize one you've already filled out? Regardless of how much progress you've already made, Notarize can help you out:

To complete this document with Notarize, you must successfully identify yourself, fill out the document, and sign it before one of our licensed remote electronic notary publics located in Virginia. They will witness your signature and notarize your document.

Pat Kinsel

Need a document notarized?

Do it right now, from wherever you are.

Very Professional!!!

Quick, easy and pleasant. I would definitely use Notarize again for all my notary needs. Thank you!

Great experience

Easy process, fast - will use again.