Notarize is thrilled to announce our new alliance with FedEx Office, enabling digital notarizations for millions of Americans each year. Through the alliance, FedEx Office is offering a digital solution through the NotarizeSM online platform as an alternative to paper notarizations.
How this impacts the millions of notarizations that happen each year
The launch of “FedEx Office Online Notary with Notarize” means that many customers who would normally have relied on FedEx to connect them with an in-person notary can now get personal or professional documents notarized quickly and completely online. From affidavits to power of attorney and more, FedEx Office customers can access fully-digital notarization services as a secure and more convenient alternative to in-person notarizations.
A recent Harris Poll survey found that people of all ages are increasingly using online services, citing benefits such as convenience with scheduling (35%) and the chance to save money (39%), to save time (58%), and to reduce travel (43%). Though notarizations have traditionally been performed in-person, 68% of respondents stated that they wished “there was an easier, faster way to get a document notarized.” With FedEx Office Online Notary with Notarize, customers can get their documents notarized 24/7, 365 days a year, from any computer, smartphone, or tablet connected to the internet. Together we are providing the quick and seamless online notarization experience that FedEx Office customers are looking for.
Notarize’s CEO and Founder, Pat Kinsel, said, “By offering a seamless digital experience via FedEx Office — where so many of us already go to accomplish important business and personal tasks — customers will be able to quickly, easily, and securely complete their notarization needs in about 15 minutes, from the comfort of their home or office.”
How much does a FedEx Office online notarization cost?
Each completed notary transaction is $25, plus $10 per each additional seal required.
How does FedEx Office Online Notary work?
Using a computer, smartphone, or tablet, customers are connected with a live notary via video conferencing technology. The entire notarization process takes as little as 15 minutes, with just a few simple steps:
- Visit fedex.com/onlinenotary
- Prepare the documents: digitally upload the file of the document that needs to be notarized, scan it in-store at FedEx Office, or take a picture of the hard copy via mobile phone.
- Confirm the signer’s identity: take a picture of a government-issued ID and answer a few knowledge-based authentication questions.
- Connect with a commissioned notary public via video conference: The notary will confirm the signer’s identity, witness their signature, and assist as needed.
- Complete the notarization: the signer will be sent the newly-notarized documents as digital originals, which can be downloaded and shared or printed as needed.
We look forward to bringing FedEx Office customers access to this alternate way to get documents notarized at fedex.com/onlinenotary.