How to Acquire Your Digital Certificate for Notarize
March 25, 2020
Share this post
You must acquire an IGC Agencies Basic Assurance Unaffiliated digital certificate from IdenTrust to operate on the Notarize platform - this is required to comply with the laws and industry standards that govern remote online notarization. Despite the myths, it's an easy application process that can be completed in a few minutes and you'll receive your digital certificate in less than twenty four hours.
YOU MUST COMPLETE THIS PROCESS USING A SAFARI OR INTERNET EXPLORER WEB BROWSER
You will need your:
Driver's License or State-Issued ID.
Debit card or credit card - this is used to validate your identity and pay for your digital certificate.
Your notary commission information so you may match information exactly.
Follow the following steps
1. Visit our partner, IdenTrust, to start the application process. CLICK HERE.
2. Leave the voucher blank.
3. Under "Program Affiliation" select "NOTARIZE" and click next
4. Fill in your personal information
If commissioned with your First name and Middle name enter First Name and Middle Name in the space for the First Name.
If commissioned with your Middle Initial enter your Middle initial.
If your are not commissioned with a Middle name or Middle initial leave Middle initial BLANK!
For e-mail address, provide your personal email address.
5. Write down your security questions and answers in a secure location. Be sure to remember your password!!
6. Complete the application and click next.
NOTE: YOU MUST USE YOUR HOME ADDRESS! Even if you're becoming an eCommissioned notary for your employer, IdenTrust is confirming your personal details and you must provide your home address.
7. Confirm your application information and click YES.
8. Provide your payment information.
9. Agree to the Subscriber Agreement and click SUBMIT APPLICATION.
10. Confirm the application was completed and click FINISH.
11. Check your email to find your email address verification message.
12. Copy the email verification code and click the link to verify.
13. Paste your verification code into the form and enter the account password you set in Step 5.
14. You're done for now. You will receive an email when your application is approved and your digital certificate is ready.