You must acquire a Digital Certificate to operate on the Notarize platform - this is required to comply with the laws and industry standards that govern remote online notarization. Despite the myths, it's an easy application process that can be completed in a few minutes and you'll receive your digital certificate in less than twenty four hours.
YOU MUST COMPLETE THIS PROCESS USING A SAFARI OR INTERNET EXPLORER WEB BROWSER
You will need your:
- Driver's License or State Issued ID
- Debit card or credit card - this is used to validate your identity and you'll be charged $99
- Your notary commission information so you may match information exactly.
Follow the following steps
1. Visit our partner, Identrust, to start the application process. CLICK HERE.
2. Leave the voucher blank.
3. Under "Program Affiliation" select "NOTARIZE" and click next
4. Fill in your personal information
Look at your notary commission - If your commission includes your First Name AND Middle Name enter both in the space for your first name. DO NOT ENTER A MIDDLE INITIAL!
For e-mail address, provide your personal email address.
5. Write down your security questions and answers in a secure location. Be sure to remember your password!!
6. Complete the application and click next.
7. Confirm your application information and click YES.
8. Provide your payment information.
9. Agree to the Subscriber Agreement and click SUBMIT APPLICATION.
10. Confirm the application was completed and click FINISH.
11. Check your email to find your email address verification message.
12. Copy the email verification code and click the link to verify.
13. Paste your verification code into the form and enter the account password you set in Step 5.
14. You're done for now. You will receive an email when your application is approved and your digital certificate is ready.
Once you receive your approval email, follow the steps to Download Your Digital Certificate.